This page provides information for recipients of OASI or DI benefits paid by the Swiss Compensation Office (SCO) or the DI Office for people living abroad (OAIE) on how to report a change of marital status.
All of the documents mentioned below should be sent by post to:
Swiss Compensation Office
P.O. Box 3100
1211 Geneva 2
- If you have recently married: Please send us a copy of your marriage certificate as soon as possible.
- If you are legally separated: Please send us a copy of your separation agreement indicating the effective date as soon as possible.
- If you have divorced: Please send us a copy of your divorce decree or another official document indicating the effective date as soon as possible.
- If you have been widowed: Please send us a copy of your late spouse’s death certificate as soon as possible.
The categories of marital status on this page are understood to also include the following:
• Marriage: Civil partnerships between two people of the same sex
• Divorce: Legal dissolution of a civil partnership
• Widowhood: Death of a civil partner
• Spouse: Civil partner
• Deceased spouse: Deceased civil partner
Last modification 07.10.2020