The tasks of the division Finances and central Registers (FCR) are defined mainly in the acts, ordinances and regulations on old-age, survivors and invalidity insurance, the Ordinance on the CCO, the Federal Social Insurance Office (FSIO) directives as well as the Register Harmonisation Act. They cover everything that cannot be managed on a decentralised basis by the federal social security funds system old-age and survivors' insurance and invalidity insurance and compensation for loss of earnings.
- centralised bookkeeping
- monitoring of the movements of funds to and from the compensation funds
- managing the central registers (register of old-age and survivors' insurance and invalidity insurance insured persons, register of old-age and survivors' insurance and invalidity insurance pensions, the register of beneficiaries of old-age and survivors' insurance and invalidity insurance benefits in kind), the UPI register for the identification of natural persons, register of family allowances, register of compensation for loss of earnings, register of additional benefits
- assigning, communicating and providing support for the management of insurance numbers (13-digit old-age and survivors' insurance number) for the systematic users of these outside the old-age and survivors' insurance and invalidity insurance
- compiling statistical data on first-pillar social security funds.
The following tasks are also the responsibility of the division FCR :
- accounting, payments and litigation of the Swiss Compensation Office SCO
and for all of the administrative unit (CCO):
- drawing up the budget of the office and providing follow-up
- financial and analytical accounting with performance audit (ITFP)
- purchase management